Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another Great Monday On The Mix....

Hey Mixers,


We had another great Monday night here on The Bluegrass Mix.... Teri Ann starting off, followed by Mike Hartman and then... there was me.

As Mike was working towards the end of his show... he talked about the fresh strawberries his wife was fixing for him and he was eating while doing his show.

I have to admit, that was so distracting... because all I could do was think about a big bowl of fresh strawberries piled high with real whipped cream. As I started my show... I was so distracted that I had troubles running the DJ equipment! As I'm typing this post.... I'm still thinking of those strawberries!

;-)

I hope all of those who were able to listen to my "Swing Grass" theme show enjoyed the songs. There were a few people in chat that asked me (via private chat) what I was playing tonight... they had never heard "swing grass" before.

The first song I played was Rhonda Vincent's "World's Biggest Fool" and one listener in the chat room had never heard Rhonda do that song before.

Of all the "Swing Grass" songs I played.... my favorite has to be the song by Kenny & Amanda Smith.... "Nancy Jane." What a fantastic job they do.... when you listen to it, pay close attention to the harmony vocals!

Granted.... there was one song that I played that was a "swing" tune but it was NOT Bluegrass but it is such a good old swing tune and pretty much a text book example... it was "Beans and Cornbread" by Louis Jordan. I'm not sure how old the song is but I'm sure it's been around for a few generations.

Here at The Bluegrass Mix... you will hear many different styles of Bluegrass music, that's why we call it... "The Bluegrass Mix" cause we mix it all in!

In closing this blog post, I want to say how much I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of The Bluegrass Mix and how much I appreciate all who take time to listen to the station!


Thanks,

Michael L. Browns
Deep Cut Bluegrass